If you are thinking of converting from your old evaporative cooling system to the comfort of refrigerated air, you have come to the right place! Carlson’s specializes in refrigerated air conversions. We can design a new system to fit your home or business and budget!
No more tinkering with that old evaporative cooling system when its leaking off your roof, or just isn’t working quite right.
With refrigerated air, you can set your temperature at your comfort temperature, and forget about it! You can switch from heating to cooling automatically without switching dampers. You can close your windows and keep the dust and dirt out (as well as unwelcome visitors!)
People always ask us about operating costs. The new refrigerated air systems offer efficiencies that compare very closely to your evaporative cooling system, and without the water usage!
Converting Evaporative Cooling to Refrigerated Air
The popularity of air conditioning has bypassed evaporative cooling due to due to its ability to control indoor comfort regardless of the weather outside. Efficiencies have increased dramatically, making air conditioning more affordable to operate, and air conditioners are more reliable and require less “tinkering” to maximize efficiency.
Air conditioners do not require windows or doors to be open in order to operate, which means a safer and more controlled indoor environment. Lastly, for the in-between seasons when heat is needed in the morning, but cooling is needed in the afternoon, switching from heating to cooling is automatic with air conditioning. No more dampers to contend with or freezing water lines.
For these reasons, many customers are converting from evaporative cooling to refrigerated air. If you are considering converting your home or business, its important to hire an expert who specializes in this type of work. There are many important details to review in order to do it right, such as:
- Is your existing ductsystem adequate and will it provide the proper airflow essential for correct operation of air conditioning? Is the return duct adequate and sized properly?
- Perform a Manual J load calculation to determine size requirements of the new air conditioner. This is the ONLY way to ensure your new system is sized properly. An air conditioner sized to small or too large will operate inefficiently and won’t provide optimum comfort.
- If your home requires a new duct system (many homes with radiant heat require some duct system modifications), will it be properly designed, fabricated and installed? This is a big one. We use duct design software and laser cut our duct systems to exact specifications to match your home or business. You would be amazed what we come across when this is not done right!
- If using your existing furnace or a new one, is it sized properly not only for heating but cooling?
- Is your existing electrical panel equipped to accept the new air conditioning circuit and power requirements?
This may seem like a lot of work, but not for us. We have performed thousands of conversions over the years, and consider this our specialty. We know what to look for and have perfected our installations to be cost effective and achieve desired results.
We service the Albuquerque and surrounding areas including: Corrales, Rio Rancho, Los Ranchos, Alameda, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Placitas, Bernalillo, Los Lunas, Bosque Farms, Belen, East Mountains, Edgewood, Socorro, and other surrounding areas.
We are in your neighborhood all the time. Sandia Heights, Tanoan, Four Hills, High Desert, Knob Hill, Ridgecrest, Taylor Ranch, Paaco, Bear Canyon, Cherry Hills, Ladera, North Valley and South Valley, Oxbow, Paradise Hills, Ventana Ranch, West Mesa, Los Companas, Sandia Park, Tijeras, San Pedro Creek and others, just to name a few.