Providing Cooling Solutions to Albuquerque Area Homeowners
As a New Mexico homeowner, one of the most important things on your mind is maintaining a comfortable home where your family can escape the sweltering heat outside. But if your current cooling system isn’t cutting it anymore, you might need to consider installing a new and efficient cooling system. If you are thinking of converting from your old evaporative cooling system to the comfort of refrigerated air, you have come to the right place! B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing specializes in refrigerated air conversions. We can design a new system to fit your home or business and budget!
No more tinkering with that old evaporative cooling system when it’s leaking off your roof, or just isn’t working quite right. Contact our team to learn more about refrigerated air conversions.
What Is Refrigerated Air?
Refrigerated air, also known as central air conditioning, is one of the most effective ways to cool a home—which is why it’s a popular choice for Albuquerque homeowners, like you! With refrigerated air, you can set your temperature at your comfortable temperature, and forget about it! You can switch from heating to cooling automatically without switching dampers. You can close your windows and keep the dust and dirt out (as well as unwelcome visitors!)
A refrigerated air system is comprised of:
- Fans that pull air through the system
- Evaporator coils that change refrigerant from liquid to gas
- A compressor that pressurizes refrigerant gas
- Condenser coils that turn refrigerant gas into a liquid
- Refrigerant lines that carry refrigerant between the coils
- An expansion device that regulates refrigerant flowing to the evaporator
People always ask us about operating costs. The new refrigerated air systems offer efficiencies that compare very closely to your evaporative cooling system, and without the water usage!
Want to learn more about refrigerated air? Contact the cooling experts at B. Carlson.
Converting Evaporative Cooling to Refrigerated Air
The popularity of air conditioning has bypassed evaporative cooling due to due to its ability to control indoor comfort regardless of the weather outside. Efficiencies have increased dramatically, making air conditioning more affordable to operate, and air conditioners are more reliable and require less “tinkering” to maximize efficiency.
Air conditioners do not require windows or doors to be open in order to operate, which means a safer and more controlled indoor environment. Lastly, for the in-between seasons when heat is needed in the morning, but cooling is needed in the afternoon, switching from heating to cooling is automatic with air conditioning. No more dampers to contend with or freezing water lines.
For these reasons, many customers are converting from evaporative cooling to refrigerated air. If you are considering converting your Albuquerque home or business, it’s important to hire an expert who specializes in this type of work. There are many important details to review in order to do it right, such as:
- Is your existing duct system adequate and will it provide the proper airflow essential for correct operation of air conditioning? Is the return duct adequate and sized properly?
- Is your system sized correctly for your specific Albuquerque home? Perform a Manual J load calculation to determine size requirements of the new air conditioner. This is the ONLY way to ensure your new system is sized properly. An air conditioner sized to small or too large will operate inefficiently and won’t provide optimum comfort.
- If your home requires a new duct system (many homes with radiant heat require some duct system modifications), will it be properly designed, fabricated and installed? This is a big one. We use duct design software and laser cut our duct systems to exact specifications to match your home or business. You would be amazed what we come across when this is not done right!
- If using your existing furnace or a new one, is it sized properly not only for heating but cooling?
- Is your existing electrical panel equipped to accept the new air conditioning circuit and power requirements?
This may seem like a lot of work, but not for us. We have performed thousands of conversions over the years, and consider this our specialty. We know what to look for and have perfected our installations to be cost effective and achieve desired results.
If you are considering converting from evaporative cooling to refrigerated air, please contact us for a complimentary consultation and evaluation.
Benefits of Refrigerated Air
If you’re considering making the switch to refrigerated air, B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing can help. The benefits of the cooling system include:
- Comfort control – Central air conditioners provide cool air flow directly from the source into every room of a house, not into just one or a few rooms, as do unit air conditioners. Cool air travels through the air ducts and vents to cool individual rooms, as well as hallways.
- Quieter operation – The condenser, fan, and compressor are located in an outdoor unit, instead of in a nearby window. Because of the layout of the central air conditioning system, indoor noise is barely detectable.
- Improved air quality – Refrigerated air systems don’t use water to cool homes which limits the amount of humidity they create. Due to lack of humidity, they will not create an ideal environment in which mold and other allergens can grow, meaning your home will have cleaner air.
- Fewer repairs – Perhaps the reason you’re opting for an upgrade is because you’re tired of repairing your existing system. Although we do provide AC repair services in Albuquerque, a new, high-quality unit could last for several years without needing a repair as long as you keep up with the recommended preventative maintenance.
Wouldn’t you love to experience the benefits listed above? For more information about the advantages of installing refrigerated air in your Albuquerque home, call B. Carlson at 505-225-3016!
Refrigerated Air Conversions in Albuquerque, NM
If you’re tired of moving or adjusting your window air conditioner every time the temperature changes, you should consider converting your home to refrigerated air. As one of the most popular cooling systems used in the Albuquerque area, you can rest easy knowing your family will be cool no matter the temperature outdoors.
Call our cooling experts today at 505-225-3016 to learn more about our refrigerated air services in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
We service the Albuquerque and surrounding areas including:
Corrales, Rio Rancho, Los Ranchos, Alameda, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Placitas, Bernalillo, Los Lunas, Bosque Farms, Belen, East Mountains, Edgewood, Socorro, Sandia Heights, Tanoan, Four Hills, High Desert, Nob Hill, Ridgecrest, Taylor Ranch, Paaco, Bear Canyon, Cherry Hills, Ladera, North Valley and South Valley, Oxbow, Paradise Hills, Ventana Ranch, West Mesa, Los Companas, Sandia Park, Tijeras, San Pedro Creek, and other surrounding areas.