Has your furnace been acting up recently? If your heating system has been short cycling, you might not need to call for a furnace repair just yet! Why’s that? Well, it’s possible that there is nothing wrong with your furnace other than a dirty blower wheel—which the team at B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing can help you resolve.
What Is a Blower Wheel?
A major component of your Albuquerque home’s heating system is a blower wheel. While often out of sight, out of mind, this component plays an important role in the effectiveness of your heating system. A blower wheel has blades that are specifically designed to push the around air—creating the warm atmosphere you desire. Any dirt that has accumulated on those blades will cause your blower wheel to work harder to produce the same temperatures you’re accustomed to. And if a blower wheel gets too dirty, your furnace may not operate at all!
Benefits of Blower Wheel Cleaning
Did you know that even a tenth of an inch of dust can reduce your furnace’s efficiency by as much as 20 percent? The numbers don’t lie! Blower wheel cleaning is a task that needs to be done regularly to ensure efficient operation. There are many advantages to cleaning your furnace’s blower wheel, including:
- Improves efficiency
- Inhibits formation of scale and sludge
- Minimizes corrosion of the system
- Reduces boiler noise
- Prevents sticking pumps
- Minimizes cold spots in the system
- Decreases monthly fuel bills
How to Avoid Blower Fan Problems
If you think the problems you’ve been experiencing are a direct result of a dirty blower wheel, then you’re in luck! At B. Carlson, we provide reliable furnace maintenance—but that’s not all. We also offer Preferred Service Agreements to Albuquerque residents to ensure your furnace is ready to provide consistent heat when the temperatures outside begin to drop. Like a car, your furnace requires annual tune ups to ensure everything is running smoothly. During those routine tune-ups, you can rest easy knowing every component of your furnace will be checked, inspected, and cleaned. Routine furnace maintenance won’t only prolong the life of your heating system, but will save you money!
To keep your system in tip top shape, our team can perform our 17-point tune-up on your home’s furnace. Scheduling a tune-up for your forced air heating system will ensure your:
- Air filters are cleaned or replaced with synthetic washable filter (specialty filters are additional)
- Thermostat is calibrated and program checked
- Circuit boards are checked for fault codes
- Gas valve operation is checked and pressure is adjusted
- Gas burners are inspected and cleaned (removal of equipment for cleaning additional, if applicable)
- Pilot or hot surface igniter is cleaned and adjusted
- Safety controls are checked for proper operation and calibrated
- Combustion air and flue pipes are checked
- Blower fan, belts, pulley, bearings, and fan speed are adjusted, cleaned, and lubricated (removal of equipment and chemical cleaning additional, if needed)
- Motors are cleaned and calibrated
- Equipment wiring is inspected and loose connections are tightened
- Heat exchanger is visually inspection for cracks
- Dampers are adjusted, installed, or removed (as applicable)
- Condensate drain/pump is cleaned and adjusted (if applicable)
- Duct system is inspected and air flow adjusted
- Cycle system is checked for proper operation and overall comfort
- Carbon monoxide levels are tested
Whether you sign up for regular maintenance or a one-time blower wheel cleaning, B. Carlson is able to provide. The cleaning process works to removes sludge, scale flux residues, and various debris while restoring heating efficiency. A clean, protected system helps ensure that the heat generated by your home’s heating system is transmitted efficiently and evenly into the house over the long term.
Furnace Maintenance—Including Blower Fan Cleaning—in Albuquerque
No matter your heating system needs, B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is the company you can count on! We have experience maintaining and repairing all types of furnaces throughout Albuquerque—see what your satisfied neighbors have to say about us! Call our furnace service experts today at 505-225-3016 to sign up for our furnace maintenance agreement or to schedule blower wheel cleaning.