Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
We at B. Carlson Heating, Cooling & Plumbing are concerned for the health and welfare of our customers and employees as it relates to the outbreak of COVID-19 virus. As such, we are taking the following precautionary steps towards contamination prevention by utilizing guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention:
- If any employee possesses any symptoms of acute respiratory illness such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, they are asked to seek immediate medical help and stay home until symptoms subside.
- Emphasize respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene by all employees.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- Provide hand soap, rubber gloves, booties and face masks to all staff to use as needed.
- Advise employees to take precautionary steps prior to traveling per CDC’s recommendations.
- If an employee is confirmed to have COVID-19, we will inform fellow employees of their possible exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace, but maintain confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Employees exposed to a co-worker with confirmed COVID-19 should refer to CDC guidance for how to conduct a risk assessmentof their potential exposure.
- Placing posters thru out our office, reminding employees how to take recommended precautions to prevent further transmission of the virus as well as listing resources for information and help should it be necessary.
- To not shake hands or get closer than 6’ of others. To wear face masks if they feel the need is warranted.
If you, or anyone in your household has been sick or exposed to anyone confirmed to have COVID-19, please let us know immediately. As a precautionary measure, we ask if service can be postponed at another time when risk of exposure is minimized.
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
For further information on COVID-19, please refer to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov or contact the CDC at 1-800-232-4636.
We appreciate your cooperation as we navigate thru this National State of Emergency. We are committed to providing great service as we always have, but with extra precautions in place to mitigate any further outbreak to the best of our abilities and protect our customers, employees and their families.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (505) 349-4409.