There’s no question that a home washer and dryer system is one of the most integral and convenient appliances you can keep as an Albuquerque homeowner. But were you aware that a home dryer can present a ton of risks, too? Dryer vents can produce pounds of dust and lint and, if left alone, this can become quite an issue! Dirty dryer vents can cause air quality loss, dryer efficiency loss, and even pose a possible fire risk! That’s why the experts at B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing offer top-class dryer vent cleaning services.
Our air quality and home service technicians have been serving home and business owners for decades. Through our extensive training, knowledge, and tools, we can provide you with sure solutions to problems like clogged and gunky dryer vents. When you want professionals who can meet your needs effectively and on time, you want B. Carlson on your side.
Interested in dryer vent cleaning services, or have you missed your annual vent cleaning? Contact B. Carlson online now or dial 505-225-3016 to schedule a service today!
Do I Really Need Dryer Vent Cleaning?
If you’re a bit hesitant, we totally understand. After all, keeping your dryer vents clean is your lint trap’s job, right? Well, not quite. Traps only grab a small portion of the lint that gathers in your dryer—the rest travels, or attempts to travel, through the dryer vent. Over time, this will create small deposits of lint that, given enough of an opportunity, will result in clods and blockages that can cause some serious trouble.
How much trouble are we talking? Quite a bit, unfortunately:
- Far lower dryer efficiency. Dense swathes of lint can stop your vent from removing moisture and heat effectively, making the dryer work harder and cost more to operate.
- Damp clothes. Dryers that cannot effectively remove moisture can leave your clothes damp, creating a situation where you need to run the machine multiple cycles to get the job done.
- Decreased home air quality. When the lint has nowhere else to go, it’ll find its way into your home, creating a fairly sizable and noticeable air quality issue.
- Dryer machine damage. Machines that have to work too hard begin to wear out quicker, necessitating appliance repairs or dryer replacements that could be avoided.
- Fire hazards. Lint is light, fluffy, fairly dry, and extremely That means when it’s stuck in the vicinity of your dryer for days or months on end, it carries a high risk of sparking a flame. Believe us, you do not want that.
How Often Do I Need Dryer Vent Cleaning in Albuquerque?
Overall, this depends a bit. You’ll need to factor in how often you use your dryer, how many loads you run on a daily or weekly basis, and what type of clothing is going into the dryer. As a safe estimate, most homes need a dryer vent cleaning service annually.
Thanks to studies performed by the EPA, NFPA, and other trusted organizations and associations, we have a lot of important information about vent cleaning and its importance. Consider these:
- 2,900 clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated five deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss. (Source: USFA)
- Failure to clean the dryer is the leading cause of clothes dryer fires (34 percent).
- Fires involving drying machines usually start with the ignition of something that was being dried or was a byproduct of drying (such as lint), while washing machine fires usually involved the ignition of some part of the appliance. (Source: NFPA)
Dryer Vent Cleaning Services in Albuquerque, NM
At B. Carlson in Albuquerque, our teams are dedicated to helping your home stay comfortable, safe, and risk-free. Our dryer vent cleaning experts have the tools and training to provide complete dryer vent cleaning services, so if you notice your dryer giving you trouble, or if it’s time for your annual cleaning, give us a call.
When you need dryer vent cleaning or other air quality services, contact B. Carlson online or dial 505-225-3016 to get in touch with our team now!