Evaporative Cooler Benefits
You’ve heard some of the disadvantages of evaporative coolers. Now let’s look at some of the benefits of operating one in your home or office:
- It is efficient to operate. The operating cost can be 0 to 50% less than conventional air conditioning (depending on the efficiency level of the air conditioner it is being compared to).
- You don’t have to worry about the door being closed in the summer “letting out all the cool air out”. An evaporative cooler requires relief air in the form of open windows, doors or vent to exhaust the hot air from your home or business. Some people enjoy the “open” feeling of a home in the summer.
- Many people appreciate the fact that evaporative cooling adds moisture to the air, which helps to keep wood furniture and fabrics from drying out. The moist pads through which the outside air flows are also fairly efficient air filters, trapping some dust and pollen. Since the pads are continually wetted, trapped particles are flushed out and trapped in the bottom of the cooler.
- For the most part, evaporative cooling doesn’t require as much ductwork as air conditioning. For a newly installed system, a short duct can direct the cooled air to a central point in the house. From there, air can be directed through the various rooms by simply opening and closing doors and windows to allow the cooled air to flow.
- Good for warehouse applications where doors are opened frequently.
For more information or to get a free in-home consultation, give us a call at (505) 349-4409.