ABQ Air Conditioner Maintenance
Air Conditioner Maintenance in Albuquerque
Your air conditioner operates under the same principles as any other machine or appliance. To maximize its efficiency and maintain top cooling performance, regular professional air conditioner maintenance is an absolute must. Our AC technicians use proven methods and industry-leading techniques to ensure your HVAC system gets the attention it needs, allowing you to enjoy the comfort you deserve for years to come!
B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing guarantees our air conditioner tune-up services in Albuquerque will not only meet but exceed your expectations. To ensure this, we offer our Preferred Service Agreements programs that are tailor-made to meet you and your air conditioner’s maintenance needs year-round.
Benefits of Air Conditioner Maintenance
By scheduling routine AC maintenance with B. Carlson’s Albuquerque HVAC experts, you can expect to see a variety of benefits, including:
- Improvements in energy efficiency. The efficiency of your system steadily lowers as it ages. But with regular AC maintenance, you can maintain optimal efficiency for your air conditioner’s entire lifespan. Maintenance ensures all parts are in perfect condition and your system will continue to provide efficient cooling for years to come.
- Increased comfort and improved cooling. AC maintenance ensures optimal component performance and clean ducts and coils. This means better cooling efficiency throughout your entire home, so you can rest assured that your air conditioner has the power and capability to meet your needs.
- Fewer repairs. Without routine AC maintenance, your system begins to take on some serious wear and tear. This manifests as various impending issues, all of which require professional AC repair to rectify. Not getting maintenance for your system can result in huge repair costs and it’s no joke that the vast majority of the repairs we handle could have easily been avoided with proper maintenance. Beyond that fact, any repairs you do eventually need are likely to be far less costly, as maintenance often catches costlier problems long before a repair is necessary.
- Better air quality. Maintenance also addresses the dust and debris that commonly collects in the vents, filters, and components of your system. Left to sit, this debris results in not only lower energy efficiency and comfort control but lower the air quality as well!
What’s Included: Our 17-Point AC Maintenance Checklist
When you hire us for AC maintenance in Albuquerque and surrounding areas, your system will have its:
- Air filters cleaned or replaced with synthetic washable filters (specialty filters at an additional cost)
- Thermostat calibrated and program checked
- Circuit board checked for fault codes
- Blower fan, belts, pulley, bearings, and speed, cleaned, adjusted, and lubricated (as applicable, removal of equipment and chemical cleaning additional, if needed)
- Motors cleaned and calibrated
- Equipment wiring inspected and loose connections tightened
- Contactors checked and cleaned
- Refrigerant pressure checked and adjusted (refrigerant is an additional cost if needed)
- Compressor amperage checked
- Condenser coil inspected and rinsed (chemical cleaning or removal of equipment for cleaning additional)
- Evaporator coil inspected and cleaned (chemical cleaning or removal of equipment for cleaning additional)
- Safety controls checked for proper operation and calibrated
- Condensate drain/pump cleaned and adjusted (if applicable)
- Reversing valve operation checked
- Outside air damper/economizer checked and adjusted (if applicable)
- Duct system inspected and airflow adjusted
- Cycle system checked for proper operation and overall comfort
Proof that Tune-Ups Really Work!
In 1983, the Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service at Louisiana State University teamed up with Gulf States Power to identify what benefits–if any– were provided by an air conditioning tune-up. A series of homes were heavily instrumented, data was collected over time, tune-ups were performed, and data was collected again. The results of this landmark study were staggering. The researchers found that tune-ups saved energy and restored lost capacity. How much?
Adjusted for inflation from 1983 to 2020 dollars . . . you’d get an average monthly savings of $85.08! And an average cooling capacity restored of 0.79 tons!
The researchers concluded that: “Air conditioning maintenance benefits the consumer by lowering his operating costs, increasing his comfort control capacity, and is believed to extend equipment life.”
But do homeowners need a tune-up every year? To answer that question, researchers repeated the study a year later, using the same homes from the prior year. They found that 78% of the savings were present. In other words, one year of operation takes a toll on an air conditioner. It may still function adequately, but not nearly as efficiently as it should.
Adjusted for inflation from 1983 to 2020 dollars . . . you’d still get an average monthly savings of $66.49— even thought they JUST had a tune-up the previous year!
Granted, these studies were performed years ago. That does not lessen their validity. They continue to be referenced because no one has funded additional research into the residential market. If anything, the studies understate the savings potential from a tune-up. In addition, today’s air conditioners with greater efficiency levels, are more likely to need maintenance, due to changes in coil design (thinner fins, more surface area, thinner tubing, rifled tubing, etc), changes in refrigerants, and so on. For Homeowners, the bottom line is that given the low cost of a tune-up and the energy savings and restored capacity…you should be investing in tune-ups on a regular basis! And with our PSA . . . they’re included!
Choose B. Carlson for Albuquerque AC Maintenance
When you choose B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for your AC maintenance, you’re choosing a company that is devoted to the highest quality solutions and HVAC services in Albuquerque since 1971. We take your needs as a top priority, and honesty and integrity are keys to our business’ success.
You can rest easy when choosing B. Carlson for your air conditioner maintenance because we:
- Are an Angie’s List Super Service Award recipient
- Have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Are licensed, bonded, and insured
- Offer financing
Call our cooling experts today at (505) 349-4409 to schedule air conditioner maintenance in Albuquerque and surrounding areas!
We Service All Brands
Wondering if we’ll be able to service your air conditioner? We offer repair and maintenance for all HVAC brands, including:
- American Standard
- And more!