Air Conditioner Replacement in Albuquerque, NM
To take a stand against the fierce Albuquerque summers, it is important for every home and building to have a quality air conditioning system. If your current air conditioner leaves you feeling hot and sweaty, then it is certainly time for an upgrade! Call us for emergency AC repair, or to have a timely replacement!
For many homeowners, the idea of air conditioner replacement can be scary. Many people fear the time this will take, the mess it will cause, and most importantly, the impact it will have on their wallet. It’s time to put all of those fears to rest because the benefits of replacing your air conditioner far outweigh the negatives.
Schedule an appointment with Albuquerque AC replacement experts at B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing or call today at (505) 349-4409 to learn about air conditioner replacement options.
When to Replace Your Air Conditioner
It can be tricky to determine whether a repair or full AC replacement is needed. In some cases, it makes the most sense to simply repair a minor issue. When determining if it is time to replace your AC system, watch out for these warning signs:
- Air Conditioner Makes Excess Noise – Do you constantly find that your air conditioner is making loud noises in order to run? This is most likely your unit’s way of telling you that its lifespan is coming to an end. When air conditioners are running properly, they should operate at a fairly quiet level.
- AC Needs Frequent Repairs – At some point, your repairs are going to add up, and once they cost you 50 percent or more of the price for a brand new air conditioner, you know it’s time to replace.
- Home Has High Energy Bills – Have you noticed your energy bills slowly creeping up? With older AC systems, the majority of cool air often escapes through cracks in your ductwork. By investing in a new, energy-efficient air conditioner, you can expect to save about 20 percent on your utility bills.
- Home Has Irregular Humidity – Broken or older air systems are known for increasing humidity levels in your Albuquerque home during the summer months and decreasing humidity levels in the winter. If this is all too familiar to you, then it is a good idea to get your system inspected by one of our professionals.
- There Is Extra Dust – Is your home dustier than usual? Don’t make extra work for yourself. You can keep the dusting to a minimum by simply replacing your air conditioner system.
- AC Is Old – Are you stretching your system’s lifespan far beyond what it is capable of? The average air conditioner will last you between eight and 10 years before it’s time to invest in a new one. We also recommend getting your heating and cooling system inspected once a year to ensure high air quality!
- AC Still Uses R-22 Refrigerant– As per the US Environmental Protection Agency, R-22 will become illegal in the United States on January 1, 2020. After that phase-out date, R-22 can no longer be manufactured or imported into the US. This doesn’t mean your AC unit will become illegal, but it means if the system ever needs refrigerant it will either be very expensive or not available.
If your cooling system meets any of these criteria, it is time to make a call to B. Carlson. We are happy to work with you for your air conditioner replacement in Albuquerque!
Best Options for Air Conditioner Replacement in Albuquerque
There are many different options on the market when it comes to choosing a new air conditioner for your home or commercial space. Here are some popular air conditioning solutions that B. Carlson offers in the Albuquerque area:
- Refrigerated Air Conversions – Also known as “central air conditioning,” is one of the most effective ways to cool your home. “Conversion” simply means your evaporative cooling system gets removed and replaced with a refrigerated air system. The benefits are better filtration since the air is recirculated rather than brought in from outdoors, better security since you don’t have to leave doors or windows open, and greater comfort indoors, regardless of what the weather is doing outdoors.
- Condensers – Also known as “air conditioning units,” these systems are now 50 percent more efficient than they were 10 years ago.
- Packaged Heat/Cool Units – B. Carlson offers one of the most efficient packaged heat/cool systems on the market. Packaged means both the heating and cooling is combined into one “package,” or one outside unit.
- Hybrid Heat/Cool System – Heating and cooling sources for this system are based on climate conditions and energy costs to give you greater control over your comfort and energy bill. These smart systems know when it is more efficient to use electricity or gas as the heating source fuel and switches back and forth automatically.
- Evaporative Cooling – This energy-efficient option can cost up to 50 percent less to operate than a conventional older air conditioner. Evaporative cooling systems work best when the outdoor humidity is dry since they use water that evaporates to cool the indoor air. They work best in warehouses, restaurants, and garages where doors and windows are frequently open or odors and fumes need to be exhausted outside.
- Ductless Heat/Cool System – The flexibility of this system allows for zoned heating and cooling, without the need for expensive duct systems. This means not having to heat or cool rooms that you aren’t using!
Choose B. Carlson for AC Replacement in Albuquerque
For further information, we invite you to speak with one of our many AC replacement experts. At B. Carlson, we are prepared to handle your home’s unique AC needs, even if this means servicing your air conditioner at odd hours of the night. That’s right, we offer 24/7 emergency service to our customers!