Your heating and cooling equipment is in operation the vast majority of the time, year in and year out. And if you’re like most homeowners, you rely on your ducts to deliver conditioned air all throughout the home. If you weren’t aware, your ducts become a hotbed for dust mites, common air pollutants, mold spores, and occasionally even insects and vermin. That means it gets gross in there, and without proper cleanings on a routine basis you can be exposing your home (and lungs) to disastrous amounts of mess. The solution? Duct cleaning services with B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing!
Our air quality specialists have the tools and training needed to offer thorough duct cleaning services. That means cleaner air for you and your family to breathe, and it means a fairly sizable efficiency boost for your HVAC equipment. When you’re seeking air quality specialists who lead the industry in knowledge and top-class tools, B. Carlson is the name to know in New Mexico.
Ready to breathe easier in your Albuquerque home? Contact B. Carlson online today to get started, or call us at 505-225-3016 to schedule service!
Do I Really Need Duct Cleaning Service?
So how important is duct cleaning really? Well, there are a few ways to answer that question. The two biggest points in favor of routine duct cleaning are that clean ducts contribute to higher air quality, and thus healthier occupants, and air duct cleaning can reduce the workload of your HVAC equipment, meaning they’ll have to work less to get results—which could save you money over time.
But in the end, choosing to pursue a service is always going to come down to what kind of benefits you can gain. So, what exactly do you stand to get? How about:
- Less mold spores, dust mites, and other common allergens in your home air
- A cleaner home (less dusting and sweeping!)
- Improved heating and equipment efficiency
- Less odors from HVAC equipment
- Rodent and vermin prevention
How Often Do I Need Duct Cleaning?
That’s a question with a different answer for every home, honestly. There are numerous factors that can impact the frequency of a needed service:
- How many occupants live in your home?
- How often is your HVAC equipment running?
- How many square feet is your home?
- Do you have pets?
- Are there smokers in the home?
- Do you deal with pests frequently?
Also, keep these indoor air quality facts in mind when trying to consider how often to get your ducts cleaned:
- The average six room house collects 40 pounds of dust a year, according to Discover Magazine
- Air ducts have more germs than a chicken coop, according to the American Lung Association
- EPA claims indoor air has been found to be up to 70% more polluted than outdoor air, according to the EPA
- Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted indoor air, according to the Department of Consumer Affairs
- A buildup of 0.42 inches of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can result in a decrease in efficiency of 21%, according to the EPA
- Nine out of ten heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system failures are caused by dust and dirt, according to the Louisiana Coop Extension Service
Leading Duct Cleaning Service in Albuquerque
The indoor air quality specialists at B. Carlson have been leading the duct cleaning service industry in Albuquerque since we equipped ourselves to provide the service in 1976. We stay at the peak of HVAC technology and our truck-mounted vacuum is capable of a suction pressure of over 12,500 cubic feet per minute! That allows us to get in deep into your ducts and provide a comprehensive cleaning that will let you really feel and breathe the difference.
Air Duct Cleaning in Albuquerque, NM
At B. Carlson, we really care about the quality of service we provide and the comfort of our clients. We work hard to stay on top of all of the latest and greatest HVAC and air quality techniques and tools, that way we can be confident in our ability to bring you the best.
Want to learn more about our air quality services, or looking to set a date for your duct cleaning? Contact us online now to get started, or call 505-225-3016 to reach an air quality specialist near you!
* Note: If you have an under-slab duct system constructed of sono-pipe, we recommend having a video inspection of your duct system performed prior to cleaning your air ducts. Sono-pipe ducts that deteriorate, create holes exposed to earth and get wet or moldy, cannot be effectively cleaned, and should be removed and replaced. If the conditions causing the mold growth in the first place are not corrected, mold growth will recur.
B. Carlson Service Area
We service the Albuquerque and surrounding areas including: Corrales, Rio Rancho, Los Ranchos, Alameda, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Placitas, Bernalillo, Los Lunas, Bosque Farms, Belen, East Mountains, Edgewood, Socorro, and other surrounding areas.
We are in your neighborhood all the time. Corrales, Rio Rancho, Los Ranchos, Alameda, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Placitas, Bernalillo, Los Lunas, Bosque Farms, Belen, East Mountains, Edgewood, Socorro, Sandia Heights, Tanoan, Four Hills, High Desert, Nob Hill, Ridgecrest, Taylor Ranch, Paako, Bear Canyon, Cherry Hills, Ladera, North Valley and South Valley, Oxbow, Paradise Hills, Ventana Ranch, West Mesa, Las Campanas, Sandia Park, Tijeras, San Pedro Creek, and other surrounding areas.
To find out more about air duct cleaning in Albuquerque, call our office at 505-225-3016!