Keep Your Albuquerque-Area Home Comfortable With Routine HVAC and Plumbing Maintenance
We offer Preferred Service Agreements (PSA) to help you stay on top of your heating and cooling equipment maintenance and ensure your HVAC system is operating at peak efficiency. Your home comfort system is one of the most complex parts of your home and just like the required maintenance you regularly schedule to keep your car running, tune-ups for your heating and air conditioning system can help to find potential problems and keep everything running smoothly. At B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we work hard to ensure you and your family remain comfortable in your Albuquerque-area home.
Have questions about how you can benefit from a Preferred Service Agreement? Give us a call today at (505) 349-4409 to learn more!
Why Get a Tune-Up on your HVAC System?
Everyone wants to lower their monthly utility bills and have a comfortable environment that’s as energy-efficient as possible. Getting seasonal tune-ups will save you money in the long run. And there is proof that tune-ups really work!
In 1983, the Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service at Louisiana State University teamed up with Gulf States Power to identify what benefits–if any– were provided by an air conditioning tune-up. A series of homes were heavily instrumented, data was collected over time, tune-ups were performed, and data was collected again. The results of this landmark study were staggering. The researchers found that tune-ups saved energy and restored lost capacity. How much?
Adjusted for inflation from 1983 to 2020 dollars . . . you’d get an average monthly savings of $85.08! And an average cooling capacity restored of 0.79 tons!
The researchers concluded that: “Air conditioning maintenance benefits the consumer by lowering his operating costs, increasing his comfort control capacity, and is believed to extend equipment life.”
But do homeowners need a tune-up every year? To answer that question, researchers repeated the study a year later, using the same homes from the prior year. They found that 78% of the savings were present. In other words, one year of operation takes a toll on an air conditioner. It may still function adequately, but not nearly as efficiently as it should.
Adjusted for inflation from 1983 to 2020 dollars . . . you’d still get an average monthly savings of $66.49— even thought they JUST had a tune-up the previous year!
Granted, these studies were performed years ago. That does not lessen their validity. They continue to be referenced because no one has funded additional research into the residential market. If anything, the studies understate the savings potential from a tune-up. In addition, today’s air conditioners with greater efficiency levels, are more likely to need maintenance, due to changes in coil design (thinner fins, more surface area, thinner tubing, rifled tubing, etc), changes in refrigerants, and so on. For Homeowners, the bottom line is that given the low cost of a tune-up and the energy savings and restored capacity…you should be investing in tune-ups on a regular basis! And with our PSA . . . they’re included!
HVAC & Plumbing Maintenance Plan
In addition to regularly-scheduled routine HVAC maintenance, our residential customers receive a complimentary annual 31-point plumbing inspection. We are the only contractor in town that offers this complimentary plumbing service!
Preferred Service Agreements include the following benefits:
- 10% off repairs – including plumbing
- 31-point plumbing inspection – for residential customers
- Reduced dispatch fee – for after-hours emergency service, you’ll get the same, low, regular-hour dispatch fee. Applies to qualified Coleman, Trane and Bryant residential equipment.
- Preferred scheduling – when the weather is extreme, HVAC and plumbing contractors phones start to ring off the hook. But with a PSA, you don’t have to worry about scheduling a service because you’ll get priority service!
Applies to qualified residential equipment. Certain restrictions apply. Contact our office for further details.
Benefits of an HVAC and Plumbing Maintenance Plan in Albuquerque
The advantages of having our Preferred Service Agreement go far beyond the items described above. Some additional benefits include:
- Seasonal comfort – Since B. Carlson schedules your routine tune-up before the hot or cold season starts, you can rest assured knowing your air conditioner or furnace is ready for the change in weather. That means no surprises the first time you turn on the heat or crank up the air conditioning!
- A longer lasting system – Annual maintenance can extend the life of your system by making sure that it is properly cleaned, oiled, and lubricated regularly. We also help to find small problems that could turn into costly repairs down the line if left unattended!
- Reduced costs – With a maintenance plan, your heater and air conditioner will be operating more efficiently year round, helping to maintain lower monthly energy bills. You will also save money on parts and labor when repairs are necessary.
- Dependable service – When the same company services your HVAC and plumbing systems every year, you have experienced, reliable technicians who are familiar with your home and your system. You can count on the team at B. Carlson for dependable service, year after year!
Preferred Service Agreements in NM
With routine HVAC and plumbing maintenance, you can rest easy knowing your HVAC and plumbing systems are prepared to take on whatever comes your way. There’s no easier way to save on time, hassle, loss of comfort, and money—so why wait?
If you’re interested in learning how you could benefit from routinely scheduled heating and cooling maintenance, among other perks, contact B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing today!