As a sponsor of the Albuquerque Isotopes, we couldn’t be happier about settling into baseball season. We’re ready to attend some games, eat some concessions, and enjoy one of the greatest sports of all time! However, in case you somehow didn’t notice, the summer weather decided to come early to Albuquerque this year.
Worried that the heat might detract from you enjoying game time, or concerned that the beating sun may keep you away altogether? We’ve got some solutions for you. Follow along with our experts while we pass along some wisdom regarding keeping your cool during a baseball game.
Five Ways to Keep Cool During the Ball Game
- Hydrate properly. As it’s the basis of staying healthy and cool during any weather, you probably know that drinking enough is vital. But most folks aren’t sure how much really is enough. As a good rule of thumb, you should be taking in around 5-8 ounces per hour, and it’s wise to cycle in some sports drinks that boost electrolytes as well. Water isn’t all that the sun is robbing from you!
- Stay out of direct sunlight. Sunburns, overheating, sunstroke—getting some sun can have some great benefits, but games run for a while and you don’t want to be right in the line of fire the whole time. A wide-brimmed hat is a solid choice for some respite, but we prefer large area umbrellas to really get some comfortable shade.
- Dress for the occasion. For goodness’ sake put the polyester away during a game day! Instead dress in breathable fabrics like cotton, linen, jute, and similar synthetics like rayon. Your body will thank you, and you’ll find it much easier to really enjoy the game.
- Eat, but don’t overdo it. While you’re under the sun’s scrutiny you can lose water by the bucketful, but you’re also losing sugars, salts, and other vital components. It’s a good idea to enjoy a snack or two, and for this fruits and lightly salted snacks are ideal. Just don’t overdo it and put yourself into a food coma!
- If needed, take breaks! You don’t want to miss a big play or an important call—we get it. But heatstroke is a very real concern in weather like we experience in Albuquerque, and nothing is going to make you miss more than a trip in an ambulance. If you experience headaches, dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeat, or other common symptoms, find an indoor area and spend some time recuperating.
Come Home to Cool Air in Albuquerque, NM
Once game time comes to an end it’s time to get home, relax, and enjoy your refrigerated air conditioned home! And speaking of, how’s your system running? Cool and efficient we hope. And if it’s not, we recommend setting a date for an AC tune-up! An annual checkup for your system pays considerable dividends, helping to improve the power and performance of your system while also boosting cost-saving efficiency ratings. Our experts can help set you up right to take on the summer!
Did you miss your annual AC tune-up? It’s never too late! Contact the experts at B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing today to get started!