When winter comes around, you rely on your furnace to keep your family toasty and warm. So when you notice a strange smell coming from this important part of your HVAC system, it’s certainly something to be concerned about. When it comes to the air quality inside your home, don’t take chances! It’s always better to be safe than sorry. If you notice a peculiar smell coming from your gas or electric furnace, it’s time to call in your local professionals for an inspection. In some cases, smells can indicate burning wires, clogged filters, or even gas leaks.
When you come across a strange smell coming from your furnace, it is important to take action quickly to avoid potential harm to your home and your family.
3 Types of Furnace Smells
If you notice any of the following smells coming from your home’s furnace, it could mean a serious safety issue.
- Electrical odor – This is a potentially dangerous smell that can indicate wires burning within the unit. If you encounter this smell, shut off your furnace right away and call a HVAC specialist for assistance.
- Rotten egg odor – This smell could indicate a gas leak. If you identify a sulfur or rotten egg smell, evacuate your home immediately!
- Burning or dusty odor – If this odor has continued for multiple days, try changing the air filters or call your local furnace technician to inspect the unit for you.
Your furnace is intended to bring clean, warm air into your home. If this unit or any other part of your HVAC system starts giving off an unpleasant or unusual smell, this is a good sign that it is no longer doing its job. For all emergency furnace repairs and inspections in the Albuquerque, New Mexico area, contact B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
When to Replace Your Furnace
How do you know once your furnace has run its course?
- If your furnace is over 15 years old
- If your furnace can no longer heat your home to your liking
- If your home has excessive dust or humidity levels
- If your furnace is noisy or smelly
- If your furnace needs frequent repairs
If your unit meets any of the above requirements, we recommend scheduling an appointment with your local HVAC professionals.
Furnace Repair & Replacement in Albuquerque, NM
If you are in need of furnace service in the Albuquerque area, B. Carlson is happy to help! We know that heating problems require immediate attention before they become bigger issues. That’s why we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our team services and repairs both residential and commercial buildings and our licensed and trained technicians are the best in the business!
Contact B. Carlson by calling us at 505-225-3016 to receive HVAC service in the Albuquerque, New Mexico area.